- 20+ years extensive experience creating content, organizing, managing and training teams
- 10+ years of Project Management, including the design, planning, organization, control and completion of a variety of complex and interdependent tasks.
- Subject matter expert in the areas of instructional design, current and emerging technologies, architectures and products.
- PMP Certified. Holds Masters Degrees in Instructional Technology and Digital Media.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Exceptional technical writing skills.
- Highly self-motivated, natural leader. Strong problem solving abilities.
- Proven ability to cultivate positive team dynamics and ensure success on all projects.
Manager Education, Instructional Designer, MakerBot, 2015 – present
- Established and launched the MakerBot Certification program. Project leader including requirements gathering, defining scope, managing stakeholders, curriculum design, coordinating implementation and post-launch support.
- Co-author of the MakerBot Educators Guidebook, a 5-star Amazon-rated instructional manual which consists of engaging educational content, lesson plans and is an industry leading guide to 3D printing in the classroom.
- Designed and developed global content for MakerBot University, a company-wide LMS used for reseller sales training, technical training, customer certification and employee on-boarding.
- Execution of a global sales technical training certification including the design and creation of content, skill development and competency assessments.
- Continue to provide online and in person training while maintaining a high-quality seamless user experience.
Project Manager & Director of Faculty/Staff Development, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2006 – 2015
- Supervise the execution and deployment of projects from inception to delivery including requirements gathering, defining scope, managing stakeholders, coordinating implementation and post-launch support.
- Manage cross-functional teams while coordinating effective communication and providing clear and objective reports of project status.
- Analyze and evaluate system development lifecycle including infrastructure design, testing efficiencies and compatibilities, troubleshooting, researching and implementing solutions.
- Assess technical issues in order to comprehend and communicate existing and potential project requirement gaps.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of various software implementations to provide input on functional requirements, product design, and potential issues.
- Manage quality control while anticipating and planning for risk.
- Administer budget, recommend purchases and weighing return on investment.
- Provide formal and on-demand training for end users of diverse skill levels.
- Leader of a skilled team in the design, installation, and operation of large scale presentation auditoriums, digital video recording, video editing, and streaming video distribution systems.
Technology & Communications Coordinator, YMCA of Greater New York, 1998-2005
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a corporate-approved operating budget.
- Designed all printed material including three annual 60-page Program Guides, as well as a multitude of e-newsletters, flyers, invitations, and presentations for a 200 employee non-profit operation.
- Established and maintained Computer Learning Center while providing proper supervision of staff and instructors.
- Developed, planned and implemented appropriate curriculum for year round computer classes, as well as, Summer Camp Program, as per the needs and requests of members and families.
- Installed applications, upgraded PCs, and provided overall general maintenance of a Windows NT network.
New York Institute of Technology, Masters of Art, Digital Media, 2010
New York Institute of Technology, Masters of Science, Instructional Technology, 2008
St. John’s University, Bachelors of Science, Education, 1997
Masters of Arts, Digital Media Communications, New York Institute of Technology, 2010
Masters of Science, Instructional Technology, New York Institute of Technology 2008
Bachelor’s of Science, Education, St. John’s University, 1997
Apple Teacher, 2018
AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Associate, 2015
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, 2011
Certified Blackboard 9 Instructor, 2010
New York State Teaching Certificate, 1998
NY State Teacher Certification Exam – Elementary Education
NY State Teacher Certification Exam – Liberal Arts & Sciences
NY State Teacher Certification Exam – Elementary Assessment of Teaching Skills – Written
MakerBot Educators Guidebook, 2017
3D Printing in the Classroom, FETC January 2018
STEM Matters NYC Career Day, November 2017
MakerBot Weather Survival Challenge, November 2017
NYCDOE/MakerBot Networking Event, October 2017
MakerBot Cloud Types and Display Stands, September 2017
PACT (Partnership for the Advancement of Clinical Training) Education Summit III, August 2014
Kaltura Connect – Lecture Capture Integrations: Customers Sharing Lessons Learned, July 2014
Streamline Lecture Capture to Boost Online Learning, Kaltura & Cattura Webinar, April 2014
PACT (Partnership for the Advancement of Clinical Training) Education Summit II, June 2013
Source Presenter – Symposium on University Research & Creative Expression, 2008
FETC 2019 Program Review Committee, 2018
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine Mission Committee, 2013
MS in Instruction Technology Going Global Retreat, 2012
Information Technology Strategic Planning, 2009
Selection of Professional Projects Descriptions
MakerBot Assessment-based Certificate Program
Docebo – Learning Management System Design & Launch
Academic Video Resources Initiative – Kaltura Open Source Video integrated with Cattura CaptureCast
Project-Based Learning Small Group – Interactive Classroom Design
Partnership for the Advancement of Clinical Training (PACT) program
Occupational Therapy Skype Home Visit Project
Art Therapy iPad Project
Learn Everywhere Anytime Digital (LEAD) framework Project
FETC, attended/presented 2018
Docebo Inspire, attended 2017
Kaltura Connect, atteneded/presented 2013, 2014
Educause – attended 2013
Climate Reality Leadership Corps – attended 2013
SXSW Edu & Interactive – attended 2011-2014
Campus Technology – attended 2008-2010
Docebo Best Extended Enterprise Training Program, Nominated 2017
Standard of Excellence, 2012
NYIT Graduated with Distinction, 2010
Standard of Excellence, 2010
Dean’s Award for Excellence, NYIT Instructional Technology 2008
Source Presenter – Symposium on University Research & Creative Expression, 2008
NYIT Graduated with Distinction, 2008
Dean’s Award in Instructional Technology, NYIT, 2008
Certificate of Continuing Education Design and Page Layout Skills, 2006
NYIT 50th Anniversary Showcase First Place Winner in recognition of pursuit of academic excellence, creative expression, and unselfish willingness to share ideas with society, 2005
Employee of the Month, Cross Island YMCA 2005
Quality Service Award, For exemplary performance among peers Cross Island YMCA, 2001
St. John’s University Graduated Magma Cum Laude, 1997
Dean’s List, St. John’s University 1994 – 1997
Golden Key National Honor Society, 1994 – 1997
Educators train to become 3D Printing Experts, District Administration
MakerBot Launches Teacher Certification Program, Business Wire
MakerBot Launches New Educators Certification Program, Makezine
3Dprinting.com News Brief, 3Dprint.com
The catalyst for super-innovation in education, Digital Journal
Technology Professionals featured in webinar, NYIT
Letters of Accommodation
Letter from the Clinical Education Department 2012
Standard of Excellence 2012 (program write-up)
Letter from OMM Department Chair 2010
Standard of Excellence 2010 (program write-up)
Deans Award 2008 (certificate)
YMCA of Greater New York 2005
St. John’s University Student Teaching Adviser 1997
Student Teaching Grade Four 1997
Student Teaching Grade Two 1997
Apple Configuration Utility
AirWatch Mobile Device Management,
Final Cut Pro,
Inkling e-textbooks ,
Kaltura Open Source Video,
Mahara e-portfolio system,
User Interface Design,
Windows, Mac, Linux OS,
Philosophy of Instructional Technology
Impact of Educational Technology
High Incidence Disabilities
Low Incidence Disabilities
Searching the Web
Communicating on the Internet
ThinkQuest & MarcoPolo
Development of the Internet
The State of American Culture
Media and the Government
Structuralism & Post-Structuralism Presentation
Man vs. Beast
NY Times vs. Sullivan
Four Research Methods
Environmental Education Unit Project
Geography Skills Unit
Inclusive Lesson Plan
Mathematics & Football
Social Studies & Technology Lesson Plan
Learn the History of Jazz
Web-based Learning Activity – featuring Lady Bugs
The Water Cycle
Social Studies Web Resources
A WebQuest – Celebrating Earth Day
Side Projects & Volunteer
Astoria Arts Festival, Volunteer & Event Coordinator
Idlewild Art Magazine, Contributor
Sparrow Film Project, Space Guns, Technical Advisor – Winner of Best Film 2014
Climate Reality Leader, The Climate Reality Project
Director, Media/Technology: The Camille Yvette Lawrence Floyd Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation, Globalscope, Inc.
YMCA of Greater New York diabetes prevention lifestyle coach